Friday 1 June 2012

Looking back at my goals 6 months on!

ITS JUNE! The month summer officially begins (in my eyes) and my birth month! YAY! 

Summer Summer Summer Time! 

So Will Smith isn't the best lyricist in the world but this song will forever remain a summer classic & so it is only right that I add this to my first Summer post.

This blog post is going to look back at the goals I made 6 months ago to see whether or not I have achieved them and to help me focus on the goals that need the most attention.  

Here is a link to my first ever blog post


Ok, so my first goal involved
stretching for longer than 6 weeks (yes i know SHOCKING) to every 3 months/holiday season (which means Christmas, Easter & Summer). 
My first relaxer (of my HCJ) was on December 21st 2011, the second 30th March 2012 (3 months later) & my third is due to be done between the 18th and 21st of June (so roughly 11 weeks). So by the looks of it i have been able to meet my first goal. After my relaxer at the end of June, I'm not too sure as to whether I will relax again in September (before uni starts - so 3 months later) or wait until my one year hair anniversary and relax in December.

My second goal was:
Weaving protective styles (either weave or braids) for 8 out of 12 months.
Which I have been doing!

My third goal involves:
Following my regimen to the tee! (this is a big one as until now i have never had a regimen and i'm not a fan of rules/boundaries - i like to go with the flow).
Alright so I guess have not exactly being doing BUT I plan to do during the summer as for the first time I will have my hair out for the whole duration of my three month stretch (more on that to come).

My fourth goal was:
*Perfecting a regimen that I will stick to in the future - this included finding my staple products. 
This has not happened as instead of listening to whether or not my hair likes a product, I have been following what other people say are good products (on YT/K.I.S.S/Hairlista). I feel at though ATM I have a good enough selection of products (only things missing are EVCO and a moisturising DC) and so this summer I plan on listening to my hair and letting it decide my staples. 

& Last my fifth goal added 3 months in was:

Finding a new salon/Hairdressers and not going back to my Aunt. 
My main reasons for this was due to the fact that my Aunt kept overlapping my relaxers and over-processing my hair (check out my Finding a New Hairdresser + Side Note post ). So in March for my first update I found a new hairdresser in my area but now my problem is with under-processed hair  (ironic I know) so now I'm trying to decide whether or not to stay with my new hairdresser or go on a hunt for another one.

So that's the outlook on how things are going 6 months later! Sorry for the lack of posts I've had exams/been ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment